Mailing ListTAOS has a mailing list, which is hosted on the ComSoc server. It is an effective tool to disseminate community news, events, and information to TAOS’ members. Members subscribe to this list voluntarily, at will. We respect members’ privacy, do not share their address with any third parties, and NO e-mail address is added to this list without consent of its owner. The TAOS list is currently moderated in order to prevent spam (which became an issue recently), and to ensure that the list is used in accordance with IEEE/ComSoc guidelines for e-mail lists. In particular, ComSoc mail lists cannot be used to post:
- any item that reflects negatively on the reputation, character, professional ability or technical competence of anyone;
- any item of a sexually explicit nature;
- any item that disparages or demeans another’s ethnicity, religion, culture, or sexual orientation
- any item that misrepresents one’s position in the Communications Society or in any other professional organization;
- any item that promotes or serves as a marketing vehicle for materials in which the a TC committee member has a personal, financial, or business interest; this includes books, conferences and short courses in which the Communications Society does not have an interest (items for the general good such as announcements of faculty openings, fellowships, student grants, etc., may be posted);
- any item that advances the candidacy of an individual for an elected office in the IEEE (including ComSoc); this conforms to existing IEEE policy;
- any item that uses one’s position as a volunteer in ComSoc for personal gain; and
- any item that announces or encourages participation in a venue that is clearly in conflict with any initiative of the IEEE Communications Society; (This includes calls-for-papers for competing publications or announcements for competing conferences. Since the Communications Society co-sponsors a number of publications and events, it may be well to seek the advice of the appropriate ComSoc officer for further insight when preparing items of this type.)
- The list is designed for IEEE ComSoc technical and society activities which are within TAOS' scope of interest and sponsored by TAOS.
- Other ComSoc-sponsored conferences and workshops maybe addressed provided they are also technically sponsored by TAOS in particular, or of special interest to its community (the later would be decided on a case by case basis. Please, contact TAOS’ officers).
- In principle, no other conferences can be advertised on TAOS’ list.
- This list is NOT used for repeated reminders of any given conference (weekly, monthly, and those last-days reminders). Only ONE note maybe posted about a given events. The only exception to this rule is for ICC/GLOBECOM symposia where TAOS is heavily involved.
- Violations to these guidelines will result in loss of subscription to the TAOS list.
How to Subscribing/Unsubscribing to/from the TAOS list
To join or leave the TAOS email list please visit the TAOS List Subscription Page.
Sending messages to the TAOS list
Only list members can post to the list. To send a message to ALL list members, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail will be screened by the moderator and forwarded to the list if deemed appropriate.